Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cleo McNett :: Let The Music Guide You & Life




I had Let The Music Guide You for a year before I realized I know the guy that engineered these sessions. Even then, McNett still remains somewhat of a mystery as the response I got when I asked if he knew how to get in touch with Cleo: "Man I didn't even know how to get a hold him then, he would just show up for his sessions, play and leave."

Despite the low-fi sound, both EPs have a lot of charm and you can't help but to be endeared to them. Life has a little bit more polished sound but the songs on Let The Music Guide You are better all-around songs. There's a 3rd EP that's a variation on Let The Music Guide You with killer pictures of Cleo and his lady by the pool. Sample spotters should be able to place Snap pretty quickly. File this under Real People Basement Lo-Fi Modern Soul.





Cleo McNett | Let The Music Guide You | McNett Records| Early 80s






Cleo McNett | Snap | McNett Records| Early 80s






Cleo McNett | I Believe In You | McNett Records| Early 80s

3 comments:

  1. Cleo McNett - Online now ! ! !
    album and TV performances
    tune in &Enjoy ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey mrp pls get in touch if u can wanna see more videos do you have a n email or contact?

      Delete